The Councillors of the Celbridge-Leixlip Municipal District have developed a new fund from Local Property Tax 2021 – the Celbridge Leixlip Community Innovation Fund. The fund incorporates COVID community activities.
The aim of this fund is to allow groups, for example but not exclusive to: community groups, youth groups, sports groups and Parents’ Associations to apply for funding to enable them to conduct activities, a study, or projects in a COVID environment. The fund allows for innovation of activities e.g. where activities cannot take place indoors in groups.
WHO MAY APPLY:
This Grant Scheme is open to all sports groups, Parents’ Associations and all not-for profit groups in the Celbridge Leixlip Municipal District engaged in activities, studies or projects which encourage community participation, volunteerism and benefit local communities.
VALUE OF GRANTS WHICH MAY BE AWARDED:
The maximum grant that may be awarded is €3,000.
As per KCC Grants Scheme Policy plus the following additions:
- Grants may not provide for salaries.
- Activities must adhere to all COVID regulations in place and must be compliant at all stages.
- Celbridge Leixlip LPT Community Innovation Grant Scheme must be acknowledged with all projects.
- This grant scheme may be used to support an existing KCC grant-funded scheme (to a maximum total of €3,000) or a new project to a maximum total of €3,000.
- Funding may be provided for some equipment if activities need to be reimagined where such funding is not provided for elsewhere.
- Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate creativity and innovation in requests relating to activities to ensure feasibility during Covid19.
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday 11th June 2021.
To make an application, please use this link to Kildare County Council’s online grants application system:
Application link: https://submit.link/1A